Google+

Learning our beginning letter sounds with animals

A while back I found this Alphabet poster at the dollarstore!  I wasn't sure at the time what I would use it for so I just tucked it away behind the bookshelf for someday when I would become inspired.  Well today C found the poster dragged it out and laid it on the floor.  Both C and J were very excited about the poster and they sang the ABC song, talked about all the animals on it and started hopping from animal to animal.  It was then (fearing for my poster) that I suggested they bring out their animals and make matches to the poster.  The kiddos jumped on that idea and dug thru their basket of animals, saying the animal names and then placing the animal on its corresponding beginning letter sound.  It was great practice and the kiddos were very engaged.  It was great to see them making connections like "both cow and cat start with C" and "puppy starts with a P but dog starts with a D".

4 comments:

  1. I like the poster. We did a similar activity with an alphabet floor mat, but I like the way the poster already has the animals to give younger kids a clue what the letter sound might be. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's amazing what you can find for a dollar!

      Delete
  2. I saw your post on the Weekly Kids Coop. I do love a good Dollar store find! This would be great for our Animals Week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the dollar store! My husband hates it or at least hates me going! Ha! Thanks for visiting Julie!

      Delete

I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more information about this please see our disclosure policy
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Browse other gifts from Zazzle.