Google+

Learning to write our names

Woowee September has been a busy one!  I'm back to teaching part-time and finally getting into a routine.  Since the kiddos are not yet old enough for kindergarten I've decided to try a "homemade kindergarten" program on the days I am not working!  So stay tuned for updates on what we've been doing!

One of the first things we do in kindergarten is learn about our names.  I've created a booklet that I use every morning so the kids can practice writing and building their names.  It has 20 pages and each page has a different activity.  For example, one of the first pages is rainbow tracing and the kids have to use 3 colors and trace the letters in their name.  I love having all the practice pages in a booklet form because it makes the prep time so much easier.  Once the booklet is made and I've written their names in it I just have to pull it out every morning and let them practice.  It's also great for those kiddos who take longer to learn to write their name because I can just copy more pages and add it in their book and use it during small group work time.


Pin It


**Update:  I just updated my booklet to include a fun graphic on each page!**  So if you have previously purchased the booklet please re download it (for free) to get the newest updated version.  

You can read my latest post about it here


I've uploaded my learn to write your name activity booklet onto my store at Teachers Pay Teachers.  You can find the link here.




For more fun name activities click here

You can also enter to win a free down loadable copy by entering my giveaway.  It's starting on Tuesday Oct. 2, 2012  and will end on Saturday, Oct. 6, 2012.  To enter you need to like my facebook page and follow my TPT store and leave a comment here with your email address so that I will be able to contact you if you are the winner.

Good Luck Everyone!

10 comments:

  1. I have gone from Kindergarten to Preschool and am always looking for new ideas!
    Thanks! Jodee
    j_kmoney@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a Pre-K teacher & always looking for new ideals to use with my students! Thank u!
    marilynsoto3@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. Been teaching PK for 12 yrs but always looking for new ideas. Thanks for sharing.
    ~Lynn
    tignc@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids love writing their names- what fun to have 20 activities designed around it! carolyn@pleasantestthing.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! Kids will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for having this giveaway, and congratulations for going into the triple digits on Facebook! notwiddletwaddle@gmail.com!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! Just clicked "follow" on TPT and Facebook. Crossing my fingers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh,,, Completed tasks and Hoping to win, Yeah!!!!

    aelsey@es.k12.ar.us

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing packet! I STILL have a couple of kinders that are having difficulty writing their name after 5 weeks of it. :( I only have them for 2 1/2 hours a day and they get no parental help at home no matter how much I TELL the parents they HAVE to be practicing their name. Oh yea, I am now a follower of your FB and TPT store.

    kspra123@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much everyone for entering!! Less than 24 hours left to enter before I pick a winner! Good luck to you all!!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete

I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more information about this please see our disclosure policy
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Browse other gifts from Zazzle.