Google+

Keeping Kids Occupied

The weather here has been pretty cold so we have been inside a lot.  The kiddos can get pretty bored and into mischief if I don't keep them busy.  That's why I love doing activities as part of our homemade kindergarten.  They get all excited when I say I have an "activity" for them.  Just don't tell them they are learning.....shhhhh!  Here are some of the activities we have been up to:


I rolled out a large piece of paper and we traced objects we found around the house looking for shapes.  We then counted how many squares, circles, etc.. we had drawn.

I gave them links and had them first copy the patterns I made, then I had them extend the pattern (make it longer) and then I had them create their own!
We used pattern block shapes and sorted them in a tray.
After sorting we created pictures by filling in the pattern cards.
We threaded pipe cleaners into a colander.  Great fine motor practice!
We weaved pipe cleaners through an metal rack. 

  

Don't forget to follow me on Pinterest by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more information about this please see our disclosure policy
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Browse other gifts from Zazzle.