Google+

Magnetic sight words

My kiddos have been working hard on learning their sight words.  One of their favorite activities right now is to play with their sight words on the fridge (in my classroom the kids stick them on the white board or my filing cabinet).  They are very easy to make and lend themselves to so many activities. 



First I bought full magnetic sheets (with a self-adhesive backs).


Then I printed and laminated the sight words I needed.



Then I attached the laminated words to the magnetic sheets and cut each word out. 

The kids love to move them around as they read them.  They put them in alphabetical order.  They sort them by words they can read and words they are learning.  They sort them by how many letters each word has.  They sort them by beginning letter sound.  And many more ways!! 

How can you sort them?

These printable sheets can also work.  Simply put the paper into your printer, print out your words, cut and you are done!  Easy Peazy!





I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more information about this please see my disclosure policy

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this idea, seeing as I adore anything and everything having to do with magnets! My 4 year old is just starting on 2-4 letter words, and this will be perfect for her--I even have the magnetic strips! Yay me!

    ReplyDelete

I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more information about this please see our disclosure policy
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Browse other gifts from Zazzle.